Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wendy's Chili Review


Let's just start this post with as a kid I would choose Wendy's over McDonalds any day of the week. Why? Because Wendy had red hair like me! Even though it could be argued that Ronald is also a redhead but he's a really weird looking one. Wendy was at least cute and us ginger-girls have to stick together!
Wendy's claims they use 100% pure North American beef in their chili. That's about 1000 points better than Hormel, Campbells or Wolf canned chili. Wendy's is in the lead right from the start. Honestly, canned chili completely grosses me out. Have you tasted that stuff? Gag. It makes me want to cleanse my pallet licking door knobs or other disdaining objects.
Wendy’s chili is pretty darn good for the money. The meat is very fine but the red kidney beans and pintos add a lot of texture. Overall, this soup is good and I enjoyed a thicker tomato base and the pieces of celery and bell pepper. I particularly love this chili with a baked potato as shown in the picture.
A small chili, which is usually all I order because it’s very filling, is 210 calories, 6 g. of fat, 21 g. carbs and 17 g. of protein.
'Till next time,
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. It always taste good when I eat it and I don't eat for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover